Sunday, September 16, 2012

We Are Still Alive!!!

So, I just gave up blogging almost a year ago but decided for those few who actually check my blog and care, I should start it back up again. I will not even attempt to cover the last 10 months but will just post a few pics and what's going on right now in our lives. We have just been very busy getting ready for baby boy #3 to join us. I am 37 weeks pregnant now and decided I NEVER want to do a summer pregnancy again!!! So hot and no fun! Anyway, I guess I survived and am so excited for fall, football, and not being pregnant! A few things we did this summer: Went to Isaac's sister, Rachel's, wedding in Omaha and stopped in Blue Springs, MO on the way to spend 4th of July with with his other sister, Meredith, and her family. We found out nobody does 4th of July like Missouri. They are CRAZY! Everyone setting off fireworks in the streets, letting kids run loose with them, blowing things up...just insane! The boys had fun watching all the chaos, though, and especially loved the sparklers.
Bryson took swim lessons for the first time this summer and loved it! Jaiton was pretty jealous he didn't get to do them this year but getting a popsicle at Bryson's completion ceremony made it all ok! :)
Of course, just swimming and the water park
Chick-fil-A does free meals for dressing up like a cow on their "Cow Appreciation Day". We got a text that morning from friends that a big group was meeting there so I hurriedly drew some cow spots on old white shirts for the boys and used a little eye liner on their faces. They loved it and got their free kids meals and got to play with friends at their favorite restaurant!
Some friends took Bryson to a grand opening of a store here and they had face painting and fun things for the kids. Bryson had his face painted as a dog and thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Bryson went to the dentist for the 1st time this summer. Unfortunately, he had more cavities than I am willing to admit but we got them taken care of and he looked cool doing it!
Bryson was ready to start school but doesn't start kindergarten for another year. We decided to enroll him in a local preschool that meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-2. He has absolutely loved it! He is such a little social man and loves making new friends and learning. This is him on his first day of school and in his classroom.
Bryson is also playing soccer for the first time and Isaac is his coach. He has 2 really good friends from church on his team as well and has really enjoyed it so far. This is him at his first soccer game and after his haircut right after the game. He scored 2 goals his first game and was really proud of that!
We took a trip to Childress recently just to visit the family one more time before this baby is born. My sister's husband is the High school athletic director so we went with them to the meet the athletes night at the high school. My boys thought it was pretty cool and Bryson loved meeting the school mascot. This is him and his cousin, Tesema, with the bobcat.
Getting ready for baby! Our boys completely trashed our old crib and our changing table was looking pretty rough so we found a good used crib on a local consignment site and decided to paint both the crib and changing table to make them look nicer. We had to look up assembly instructions on the crib and were shocked to find out it is a Baby's Dream safety gate crib that retails for $580!!! Considering we only paid $50 for it, we felt pretty good about our purchase! This is Isaac in his painting gear working hard and the finished products of his work. We were very happy with how it all turned out and this baby boy can come whenever he's ready now!
After 3 days of running fever and not wanting eat, I took Jaiton to the doctor and found out he has mono. I didn't even know 2 year olds got mono! There is no treatment for it so we've just had to let it pass but he is doing so much better now. It was about a week that he was so tired all the time and very sensitive and grumpy. He also had no appetite and it was just really sad to see my normally super active, happy boy that way. One day I woke him up from his nap to go get Bryson and took 1 minute to run to the restroom to come out and find him asleep again in the entryway! He is back to his normal self now and doing great!
So, that's pretty much it for now. We are staying busy with baby preparations, Bryson's preschool and soccer, and Isaac is as busy at work as ever. Life is busy but good! We are very blessed :)

3 comments:

  1. Always love catching up with you guys--even though we live in the same city! lol. :) I love what you did with the crib! SO AWESOME!!! I am impressed!
    And I really do think Carter had mono too--he's a WHOLE DIFFERENT BOY now! But he was the same...grumpy, tired, sleeping multiple times a day, not eating...it may always be an official mystery--but my gut says yes.

    So excited for your baby to come! :)He's a lycky little one to be joining your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you lots lately, and I'm glad everything's going great! Can't wait for that little guy to make his appearance. You better post lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Thanks for posting! It was fun to see pictures of your kids. Jaiton has grown up so much. Sad to read about the mono. Glad to hear Bryson likes preschool and soccer. And your crib and changing table look awesome!

    ReplyDelete